Growing up this was one of my favorite desserts! It wasn’t until I was an adult that I realized just how easy it is to put together a frozen peanut butter pie. There’s a lot to love about this pie-oreo cookie crust, frozen creamy peanut butter filling and shaved chocolate on top-YUM!
- 1 chocolate cookie pie crust
- 1 cup creamy peanut butter (I always use JIF)
- 4 ounce cream cheese, room temperature
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- ½ cup milk
- 1 10-ounce package Cool Whip (small container) (or other whipped topping), thawed
- 1 chocolate bar, cold so that you can shave the chocolate for the topping
- Stir together softened cream cheese, peanut butter and powdered sugar and mix until smooth. Add cool whip and milk. Beat until smooth. Filling is complete!
- Pour the filling into the pie shell and smooth the top of the filling.
- With a vegetable peeler, peel the chocolate bar to make chocolate shavings.
- Top the pie with the chocolate shavings.
- Freeze pie until frozen.
I hope that you enjoy one of our families favorites!