I don’t know about you but I’m always in search of that perfect recipes that becomes one of your “Go-to” recipes. You know the recipes, the ones that you have memorizes, the ones that come out perfect every time you bake them, the ones that when you need to whip up something for friend that you can rely on to turn out well.
Well this Vanilla bean cupcake recipe is just that for me. I just LOVE cupcakes and I’m always trying out new recipes but time and time again I make this one. This is the vanilla cupcake recipe that I make for almost every birthday party.
These cupcakes are easy to make, it makes one dozen perfect cupcakes that are moist and delicious. I adapted this recipe from one of my favorite Australian cake blogs-Hello Naomi. If you aren’t familiar with her work you should really go check out her site. I promise you will be inspired with her gorgeous cakes and cupcakes!
These cupcakes are perfect with a vanilla glaze, a swiss meringue buttercream or your favorite whipped american buttercream. For kids parties I top these with my favorite whipped american buttercream (as seen in the recent rainbow swirl cupcakes).
Try out this recipe and let me know what you think!
- ½ cup unsalted butter-room temperature
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla bean paste
- 2 eggs
- ½ cup warm milk (whole milk if you have it)
- ¾ cup self-rising flour, sifted
- ¾ cup all-purpose flour, sifted
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- Place butter in a mixing bowl and beat for 1 minute until smooth.
- Add the sugar ⅓ at a time beating for a minute between each addition.
- The fluffier the butter and sugar, the fluffier the finished cupcake will be.
- Add vanilla paste.
- Add eggs one at a time mixing on med-low and for a minute in between additions.
- Once the eggs are mixed add in ½ of the flour mixture mixing on low until just incorporated.
- Add ½ of the milk and mix through (still on low)
- Add remaining flour and mix through.
- Finally add remaining milk and mix through.
- Do not over mix at this stage or your cupcakes will be tough.
- Place 12 cupcake wrappers in cupcake pan.
- Divide batter evenly between in cupcake pan. Use an ice cream scoop to make it easy.
- Bake for 15-18 minutes until cupcakes are just baked through.
- Let cupcakes completely cool before frosting (about an hour).