Did the Easter bunny visit your house and leave WAY too much candy? If you are looking for a cute and yummy way to use up that candy try making some easter bark!
I happened to see this post by Sweetapolita where she made the most adorable easter bark. I was looking for something cute and simple to make and hand out to people for easter and knew this was what I’d be trying. As Sweetapolita mentions, you should take the time to temper the chocolate so that the finished product is pretty. It really doesn’t take much extra time and it makes the finished product ready for gifting!
Making chocolate bark couldn’t be easier:
- Melt (temper) chocolate. If you want 2-toned chocolate like I did then you will melt chocolate as well as white chocolate.
- If you want to color your white chocolate then make sure that you have food coloring that is meant for chocolate. I used one by Wilton and it worked great.
- Pour the chocolate onto a cookie sheet that is lined with silpat. If you don’t have a silpat sheet then you can use parchment paper. You just need to make sure you have a surface that the melted chocolate isn’t going to stick to.
- Next pour the colored chocolate on top of the first and swirl (a toothpick or skewer works great).
- Add candies of your choice and allow to harden.
- Break into pieces, package and serve!
Now go gather up that leftover candy and make some of your own!