I have a special treat for you today! This is hands down my favorite party drink. It’s fail proof and delicious. Whenever I make this I always share and there’s never a drop leftover. I’m going to warn you—this is a strong margarita!
To me the secret in this recipe is that there is that you add some lemon juice in with the classic lime juice that you see in many recipes! I highly recommend fresh lemon and lime juice. You will appreciate the fresh squeezed juice in this recipe. It’s worth the extra step.
I prefer a margarita on the rocks but with this recipe is somewhere in between. The recipe adds some ice that is blended to mix the ingredients together.
Try it out and let me know what you think! This is definitely a go to recipe for me and I hope it will become one of yours.
- 1 cup fresh squeezed lime juice
- ¼ cup fresh squeezed lemon juice
- 2 cups triple sec
- 1¾ cups white tequila (the cheap stuff is perfect)
- 5 cups ice
- coarse salt for glass rims
- lime or lemon slices for glass rims
- Put all ingredients into blender
- Mix until well blended and no ice chunks remain
- If salted rim is preferred rub rim of glass with slice of lime or lemon.
- Dip glass into coarse salt
- Pour margarita into glass and enjoy!